We will help you through every step of the renting process, from helping you find your dream home to ensuring moving is as stress-free as possible.
If you’ve never rented before or need a quick reminder on how it works, here’s our step by step guide:
1. Let us know your requirements. Call us for a chat about the type of property you are looking for or register here. We’ll then suggest properties that may interest you & send you alerts when new properties that match your criteria are new to the market.
2. Arrange viewings. When booking a viewing we’ll just need a few details about you for security purposes. You’ll be accompanied at viewings by one of our friendly team who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
3. “I love it, can I move in?” To apply, you will need to complete an application form, provide your last 3 months bank statments & pay a holding deposit (listed below) to secure the property for you whilst we take up references. The application process will be explained to you at the viewing & we’ll assist throughout.
4. References. We aim to complete all referencing checks within 48 working hours (this depends on receiving responses promptly!). By law, we must also carry out Right to Rent checks on all adults by taking copies of original I.D. documents (ideally a passport). We’ll then either approve your application or if you don’t pass the checks there are some circumstances where the landlord may consider a guarantor or paying rent in advance.
5. Confirm a date. The final step is to confirm the date you would like to pick up the keys to your new home! We’ll then send you the tenancy agreement, an invoice breaking down the amount required to move in with details on how to pay & how to set up future rent payments.
6. Pick up the keys! On the day your tenancy starts we’ll hand over the keys, give you all the important details about the property & information regarding the management of the property. We’ll also take care of informing utility companies of your move & set up accounts in your name.
Every member of our team will make the whole process as easy as possible for you from start to finish. Should you have any questions about the above, please get in touch.
All agents are required to display their fees to prospective Tenants. If you find another agent that’s not complying, not only are they breaking the law but they may also have something to hide.
- Holding Deposit - £100 (reduced to £80 if the monthly rent is £435 or less)
- oThe Holding Deposit can become part of the main tenancy deposit on the commencement of the tenancy.
At The Start of Your Tenancy:
- The Rent - as agreed
- Tenancy Deposit - equal to no more than 5 weeks rent.
During / At The End Of Your Tenancy:
- Replacement of a lost key/security device - equal to the cost of the replacement device (an invoice will be provided). You should expect to pay approximately between £3-£10 for a standard replacement key
- Tenancy change fee - £50 - charged where you request to make changes to the tenancy agreement (e.g. a change of tenant or permission to keep pets at the property)
- Early termination fee - £195 - charged where you request to terminate the tenancy early & the landlord agrees to a new tenant being found. The fee is equal to the landlord’s financial loss of re-advertising & starting a new tenancy. You will also be expected to continue to pay the rent until a new tenancy commences
- Council tax, utility & communications services - you will be responsible for paying bills in accordance with the tenancy agreement.
Non-Housing Act Tenancies:
- Tenancy documentation fee - £195 - payable where the tenancy is not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (most likely to be a company let). This fee covers tenancy documentation preparation & inventory preparation where applicable.
All fees are inclusive of VAT.
Client Money Protection provided by: safeagent Client Money Protection Scheme (click here to view certificate)
Independent Redress provided by: The Property Ombudsman.