The Accommodation Bureau Join Responsible Landlords Scheme
Tue 31 Jul 2018
We are pleased to announce we are now a member of the Cornwall Responsible Landlords Scheme (CRLS). Operated by Cornwall Council, this voluntary scheme was set up to improve standards in the private rented sector in Cornwall. As a specialist letting agency, we are dedicated to helping landlords comply with complex housing legislation, whilst also ensuring tenants are living in safe, good quality homes. When we discovered the aligned aims of the scheme and The Accommodation Bureau, joining was a ‘no-brainer’ decision.
As a member of the CRLS, we are working towards ensuring all properties we manage meet the ‘Cornwall Rental Standard’ which generally demonstrates legal compliance. Additionally, we will benefit from:
- Access to further in-depth training and education about housing issues specifically relating to Cornwall
- A closer relationship with Cornwall Council Private Sector Housing Team
- Recognition of being a professional agent
- Commitment to not working with rogue landlords
- Membership of a professional network where landlord groups and associations share best practice.
We will use our membership of the scheme to develop our expert knowledge further and pass on the above benefits to our landlords. We also look forward to being an active member of the scheme and working with lead officer, Martyn Dymond to make the scheme a success. This platform gives us the ability to represent the opinions of our landlords and to help shape the future of the PRS in Cornwall for the better.
For further information about the scheme, visit the website here. If you would like advice on any aspect of investing in or letting property, we are here to help.